Tuesday 19 August 2014

how to keep sane in maddening, wonder-filled world

'You'd have to be half mad to dream me up.' 

Lewis Carroll. Alice in Wonderland.


... and if one more person tells me we didn't plan the birth days of our children very well, I will shout at the top of my voice "OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!"

How curious it is that we almost all share the same month to celebrate the day we came to our wonder-full lives.

How wonder-full that the youngest two share the same celebration, friends, party, celebrating themselves, and that daddy parties on down in the same week too.

How lucky am I, that I have one week of pure, unadulterated service to my loved ones, celebrating my children and husband. That the rest of life is put on hold while I concentrate my efforts in pure love, intent and purpose, that my whole being is poured into the family mould.

Divine timing.
Everything happens at the right time.

And so it has been this week.

A family's celebration in love, wonder and awesomeness.

My boy showered in love and boats and car cake and berry smoothies and a day just for him, before we moved on to the next day with horses, unicorns, tea party and sleepover, ending the week with a tea party for our very own Mad Hatter, Alice, Doormouse and all our friends.




"Have I gone mad?"
"I'm afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usually are!" Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland.






Still living without a conventional fridge, the night kitchen being one awesome place to set chocolate and cake icing, the outdoor toilet block being another! meant that everything was made the night before each birthday. 

Thats four birthday cakes in one week! 

I am so great-full that we're raw! 

No worries with regards to burning, sinking or forgetting vital rising ingredients. No cutting into shapes. Just bunging it all together, adding flavours til the taste was filled with wonder and shaping it by hand like putty at your finger tips.








“Yes, that's it! Said the Hatter with a sigh, it's always tea time.” Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland







And the joint celebration being a tea party ... I focused on jam tarts, jam, eat me cookies to get those kids big, drink me kombucha to make e'm small and love heart chocolates to expand their hearts. 

And endless rounds of tea. With locally supplied raw milk! To keep the parents at bay!






And this year I gifted myself with kindness and let go of the need to do it all. 

I added up the hours prepping, the price of the raw ingredients and saw that in some ares, overall it was madness not to reach out and pay for help.

 I let myself buy the kombucha, the milk and the raw chocolate to top the Mad Hatters cake. How could I pass up a raw bar that's named 'Wonder'?! 

And I asked our tea party guests to bring some food for the table. And that alone enabled me to keep a wee bit of sanity in an ever growing mad week.








At the very least, I knew that everyone would delight in the sweetness of the day!

















No comments:

Post a Comment